This recipe happened out of laziness, but man was it delicious. I saw a recipe for smores cookies floating around on Pinterest and modified it to make it as easy and stress-free as possible. This recipe was so simple and there was no clean-up at the end. I served these for a game night with our friends, and they may or may not have helped make me feel better when I was losing. The husband was a big fan of these cookies and they did not last long!
Chocolate chip cookie dough (the refrigerated kind with pre-cut squares)
Hershey chocolate bars, divided into small rectangles (I had a jumbo bar on hand and used that, but the regular sized bars will work perfectly too)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up.
2. Place a graham cracker square (half a sheet) on the baking sheet and top with a cookie dough square. Press cookie dough down gently so it adheres to the graham cracker. Bake for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from oven after 5 minutes and top each cookie square with 5 mini marshmallows, lightly pushing them into the cookie dough.
4. Bake 5 more minutes or until cookie looks brown on the edges and marshmallows are gooey and starting to brown.
5. Remove from oven and gently press a Hershey rectangle into each smores cookie. Let cool and enjoy!
The great thing about this recipe is you can make as many or as little as you want. Make 1 or 2 if you just want a little one-time sweet treat or 30 for a party. It's just as easy and just as yummy either way!