I am such a fan of strawberry cake. My mom makes the best homemade strawberry cake that my twin sister and I request every year for our birthday. Her recipe is amazing, but it's quite involved. I wanted to make a simpler version for Parker and I to enjoy, and this cake was the answer. We were practically licking our plates clean! This will be my go-to for a quick and easy strawberry cake in the future.
1 box strawberry cake mix
2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cup frozen, sweetened strawberries from the freezer section, thawed
1 can strawberry frosting
**On the strawberries: once you let them thaw, there will be extra juice in the bag. Pour that into your measuring cup along with the strawberries. It all blends together and tastes delicious!**
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a bundt pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, puddings, vegetable oil, strawberries, and eggs with an electric mixer until well blended.
3. Pour mixture into greased bundt pan and bake for about 50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
4. Let cake rest on the counter in the pan for 10 minutes. Then, invert the cake onto a pan to finish cooling.
5. Frost cooled cake with strawberry icing. Add coconut if desired and enjoy!