The crockpot just makes everything better. It's so so simple, and who doesn't love simple amidst the hustle and bustle of the holiday season? Parker really enjoyed this recipe, mainly because it was topped with cornbread. I can't blame him. Everything is yummy when topped with cornbread! Try it out for an easy and delicious weeknight meal!
4 chicken breasts, thawed
1 can chopped green chiles, divided
3/4 cup salsa
15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup frozen corn
10 oz can enchilada sauce
8 oz package of corn muffin mix
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
1. Stir together chicken, half of the green chiles, salsa, black beans, corn, and enchilada sauce in the crock pot. Cover and cook on low 4 hours.
2. After 4 hours, stir together remaining green chiles, muffin mix, and eggs. Set aside.
3. Remove lid from crock pot and shred chicken right inside with two forks.
4. Spoon cornbread batter evenly over mixture and cover. Cook an additional 1 1/2 hours.
5. After 1 1/2 hours, sprinkle cheese over cornbread and cook for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.