There are 50,000 different meatball recipes out there, and all are probably yummy. I have a go-to recipe that I like to make from time to time, but I thought I would share a fun way to mix it up. One of my least favorite things about meatloaf is how long it takes to cook. One evening I was pressed for time and didn't want to devote an hour to meatloaf, so I decided to create meatloaf meatballs! They were super simple, super quick, and super delicious. I served them over mashed potatoes and with a veggie, but you can serve them any way you would normally serve a meatloaf.
This recipe makes about 8 large meatballs.
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
2 Tbsp parsley
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 pound ground beef or turkey, uncooked
Marinara sauce (This is what I grew up on. If you like ketchup or BBQ sauce, by all means, go with that.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, milk, onion, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper.
3. Add ground beef to other ingredients and mix well. I usually use my hands to make sure everything is incorporated.
4. Form meat mixture into meatballs (I made 8 of them) and space them out on your lined baking sheet.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until they are browned and cooked through.
6. Remove meatballs from oven, top each with about 2 Tbsp of marinara sauce, and pop back in the oven for another 3-5 minutes to make sure the sauce is fully heated.