I wanted to make a dessert we could munch on all week but really wasn't feeling a lot of effort. It's really always that way, isn't it? I had a can of apple pie filling laying around and didn't know what to do with it, but after finding this recipe, I decided it looked too good not to try. It did not disappoint! A bowl of this cobbler, a warm blanket, and some good reality TV made me one happy girl!
1 box spice cake mix, divided
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, cold and chopped into small pieces
2 (21 oz) cans apple pie filling
1/2 cup pecans (optional)
vanilla ice cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix 2 cups of spice cake mix with your water until smooth. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar and the rest of your cake mix. Add in your butter and combine with a fork until crumbly. Stir in pecans if you're using them.
4. Spoon pie filling into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Spoon spice cake/water batter on top of pie filling and sprinkle your brown sugar mixture on top.
5. Bake about 30 minutes and serve warm with ice cream.