I want to share a quick and easy little Valentine's Day recipe to make on this special love day. I actually made these to take to a party, and they were gobbled up! I have to admit though, this recipe happened by complete accident. I was trying to buy a box of spice cake mix, and I looked away at something when I reached down and accidentally grabbed a box of red velvet cake mix. How did it go from the shelf to my cart to the check-out counter without me noticing? I really have no idea, but I I didn't realize I had swapped the boxes until I was home. I decided to get creative and whipped up these quick and easy red velvet brownies on a whim. They were quite the happy accident!
1 box of red velvet cake mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x9 baking pan and set aside.
2. Combine your cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil in a mixing bowl with a spoon. This will make a really thick batter.
3. Stir in white chocolate chips until incorporated.
4. Pour batter into your baking pan and bake for 20-24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
5. Let cool and cut into squares with a plastic knife (the plastic knife prevents the brownies from breaking when you cut them!).