Everyone loves a chocolate chip muffin, and somehow throwing in a little banana justifies it as semi-healthy. In all seriousness, these muffins are the perfect little snack or breakfast. I just mixed and matched my go-to banana bread recipe to make these delightful little muffins. We loved them! Simple and yummy. No need to reinvent the wheel here.
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin tin and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture and set aside.
3. In another small bowl, combine egg, bananas, sugar, and vegetable oil.
4. Add banana mixture to dry mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Fill each muffin cup 2/3 of the way full.
6. Bake about 20 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
7. Let muffins sit in muffin tins for 5 minutes. Then remove to finish cooling completely.