The minute I saw this recipe, I knew it was going to be a winner. It has everything a grown man is looking for and all the ingredients I love too. Meat? Check. Potatoes? Check. Buffalo sauce? Check. Cheese? Check. It's all of your favorite ingredients rolled into one little casserole dish! Parker loved this, and I mean really loved it. Anything that starts off with "Loaded Potato" has to be amazing, right? It does, and it was. I halved the original recipe since there are just 2 of us and will do that going forward as well. Below are the measurements that I used. I'll be making it again and again!
1 lb raw boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
4-5 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup your favorite buffalo sauce
1 cup Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
1/2 cup crumbled bacon
1/2 cup green onion, diced
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees (you read that right. 500 degrees) and spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil and buffalo sauce. Add the cubed potatoes and stir to coat.
3. Carefully scoop the potatoes into the greased baking dish, leaving behind as much of the buffalo sauce/olive oil mixture as possible.
4. Bake the potatoes for 45-50 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes, until cooked through and crispy and browned on the outside.
5. Meanwhile, add cubed chicken to the bowl with the leftover buffalo sauce/olive oil mixture and stir to coat.
6. Once the potatoes are fully cooked, remove from the oven and lower the oven temperature to 400 degrees.
7. Top the cooked potatoes with the raw, marinated chicken.
8. In a bowl, mix together the cheese, bacon, and green onions and top the raw chicken with the cheese mix.
9. Return the casserole to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the topping is bubbly. Serve with extra buffalo sauce or ranch dressing if desired.