I am late to the quinoa party. Really late. I kept hearing about all of the great health benefits and finally bit the bullet and bought my first box of quinoa. I found a recipe for broccoli cheddar quinoa bites and decided to give it a shot. I modified it and created great little protein-packed snacks or a nice side dish for a weeknight meal. This recipe is a keeper!
3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
1 1/2 cups water (vegetable broth or chicken broth works great too)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 tsp paprika
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, eggs, broccoli, garlic, cheese, and paprika.
4. Fill muffin cups with quinoa mixture. Bake 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
5. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin tins and continue cooling before serving.