Carrot cake is something that just sounds wonderful during the warmer months. Making an entire cake can be cumbersome and difficult to eat as a family of 2, so the carrot cake whoopie pies are the perfect answer. This recipe is simple and delicious, and it's easy to portion control instead of eating an entire slice of cake. I actually brought these to my parent's house, and they were gone in a night. I'd say that's a hit!
Ingredients (makes 1 dozen whoopie pies):
1 box carrot cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
1 can vanilla frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Combine cake mix, oil, eggs, and water in a medium bowl.
3. Drop mixture by 2 tablespoons onto cookie sheet. Leave about 1 inch in between each cookie.
4. Bake 8-9 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool 15 minutes more.
5. Once cooled, take one cookie and place a tablespoon or so of frosting in the center. Press another cookie on top so the frosting spreads out to the edge.