This recipe was given to me by my mother in law before Parker and I were married. I had forgotten all about it until a recent football party, and I am so glad I rediscovered it! This recipe is easy to whip up on the fly and a great crowd pleaser. If you have people coming over and are short on time, make this stuff!
8 oz cream cheese
1 can turkey chili
1 can fat free refried beans
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 tomato, chopped
handful of chopped green onions
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put cream cheese in an 8x8 glass pan and melt for 30 seconds. Spread evenly across the bottom of the pan.
3. Mix the chili and beans in a separate bowl and with a little salt and pepper. Pour chili mixture over melted cream cheese.
4. Top with chopped tomato, chopped green onions, and grated cheddar cheese.
5. Heat in the oven about 20 minutes or until cheese is fully melted and entire dish is hot. Serve with chips.