I cannot believe I have been blogging for over 2 years and somehow not shared this recipe yet. Scalloped corn is something I grew up on and one of my all-time favorite foods. My twin sister used to request it as a side dish for our birthday dinner every year. It's just plain yummy!
2 cans cream style corn
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup minced onion
1 (4 oz) jar of pimentos
1 1/2 sleeves of Keebler butter crackers, crushed
2 Tbsp of butter, divided
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a casserole dish (8x8 or similar) with one Tbsp of butter. Set aside.
2. Heat corn in a medium saucepan. Add milk, onion, pimentos, and one sleeve of crushed crackers. Stir to combine. If mixture appears too thick, add a splash more of milk.
3. Pour corn mixture into greased casserole dish and top with remaining 1/2 sleeve of crushed crackers.
4. Divide the last Tbsp of butter into pieces and dot over the top of the corn mixture.
5. Bake 45 minutes to an hour or until cracker crumbs are golden and middle is set.