I really love to bake, but I've been trying to find healthier versions of desserts to bake each week. I have a sweet tooth the size of Montana and need to reign it in every once in a while. When I saw this recipe, I decided it looked like a fun way to mix things up for summer. It was tasty!
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 stick butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 peaches, sliced into wedges
6 oz blueberries
a few sprinkles of powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a pie plate with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
3. In a separate large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, and eggs until light in color and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes on high speed. Add vanilla and Greek yogurt and continue beating until very creamy and light in color, about 1 minute.
4. Add flour mixture to yogurt mixture and mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
5. Pour cake batter into your pie plate and top with sliced peaches and blueberries.
6. Bake about 1 hour or until your cake is golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Let cake cool and dust with powdered sugar. Cut into slices and serve!
I think this cake is best served warm, so I like to warm it up on the microwave for about 20 seconds before serving.