Before we get to August goals, here's a look at how July goals went...
1. Clean out office closet. Fail...ish. My home office closet has become the storage room for any and all decorative items that don't currently have a place in our home. Since I am decorating this place at a snail's pace, that stash has amounted to quite a bit. I did organize it this month and put everything in neat piles, but it all still resides in the office closet. That's just how it's going to be for a while, and a little junk closet never killed anyone. ;)
2. Organize pantry. Done! I bought some cheap bins to categorize everything, and it feels so. much. more. organized. I love it!
3. Run 31 miles in 31 days. Check! I actually ended up running 35.25 miles this month, but who's counting? This goal really helped keep me accountable and get those runs in!
4. Make Jenny a food storage container with her silhouette on it. Done! Seeing her little floppy-eared silhouette makes me smile.
5. Publish at least 20 blog posts. Done! I published 20 exactly, which felt like a minor miracle. I may have written many of them at 10 PM the night before, but they got published!
6. Figure out a good space filler for our long hallway. Fail...ish. Well, I think I figured out what I want to do, but I didn't actually do it yet. I want to do three large canvases with family pictures. I just need to choose the pictures!
7. Relax. Done! I won't lie and say it wasn't a busy month, but we still found time to stop and smell the roses.
And now for August goals...
1. Update the Recipes tab on my blog. I don't even know if anyone looks at this tab, but I haven't added new recipes in over a year, and that bugs me. One day when I have a couple of hours to spare, I'm going to turn on some reality TV and update that Recipes tab.
2. Find Aggie Yard Art. It's college football season, so I want to find a little A&M banner that I can display in the front yard. I don't want anything too obnoxious, but this is a momentous time of the year that deserves to be celebrated.
3. Decorate the porch for Fall. Hobby Lobby is calling my name, and I must go.
4. Do 1000 push ups. I thought this would be a fun fitness goal for the month. This averages out to just over 32 push ups each day. Completely manageable... until I forget to do them 5 days in a row.
5. Find curtains for the downstairs windows. Seriously. The struggle is real with curtains. Our windows are tall, so we need 108 inch curtains, which has proven difficult to find the style we like without spending an arm and a leg. If you have any suggestions on places to look, I am all ears.
That's it for this month! What are your goals for August?