Yall, I am so glad that I did! Parker absolutely loved it, it was easy, and it was plain delicious. Seriously, it's so good. If you're like me and just don't even attempt homemade Chinese food, give this recipe a try!
2 lb sirloin steak or boneless beef chuck roast, sliced thin
1 cup beef broth
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp sesame oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 Tbsp corn starch
4 Tbsp water
12 oz bag frozen broccoli florets
white or brown rice, cooked
1. Line a crockpot with a crockpot liner for easy cleanup.
2. Pour beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and minced garlic into the crockpot and whisk until combined.
3. Place slices of beef in the liquid mixture and stir to coat.
4. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
5. After 5 hours, whisk together corn starch and water. Pour into the crockpot and stir until combined.
6. Add frozen broccoli to the crockpot and stir to combine.
7. Cover and heat 30 minutes more to cook broccoli and thicken sauce.
8. Serve over rice and enjoy!