In honor of Cinco de Mayo, I thought I would share a recent enchilada recipe we have been drooling over. We are from Texas, so you really can't go wrong with Mexican food in our house! Seriously, these were so simple and so, so yummy.
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (I like to put a few chicken breasts in a crock pot)
1 can sweet corn, drained
2 cups Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded and divided
1 can green enchilada sauce
10 flour tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Mix corn, chicken, 1 cup of cheese, and 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce in a large bowl.
3. Scoop mixture evenly into tortillas, roll up, and place into your greased baking dish.
4. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
5. Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
6. Garnish with sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo, etc. and enjoy!