A few weeks ago, I decided to make some plain jane oatmeal cookies. I just felt like going back to the basics, but these quickly became some of my favorite cookies I have tasted in a while. The husband agreed and, weeks later, he is still talking about these cookies. They are oatmeal with just a hint of cinnamon. Perfection!
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp water
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 3/4 cup flour
2 1/2 cups quick oats
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, vanilla, and water, and mix well.
3. Add salt, baking soda, and cinnamon and mix well.
4. Add flour, and mix just until combined. Lastly, add oats and mix just until combined.
5. Drop spoonfuls onto a baking sheet and bake for 8-11 minutes.