While I wouldn't necessarily buy everything from Dollar Tree (the $1 steaks leave me a little uneasy), there are some things you definitely should be buying. So today, I'm sharing my 10 favorite things to purchase at Dollar Tree.
1. Greeting Cards- If you only listen to one item on this list, make it this one. Greeting cards can be upwards of $5, which is a little excessive considering people read them once and stow them away forever after. We purchase all birthday cards from Dollar Tree, and some of them are even 50 cents. 50 cents!! They have a great selection too.
2. Halloween Candy- Why oh why is Halloween candy so expensive? If you live amidst a lot of kiddos, you could easily spend $100 on Halloween candy. Or, you could buy 10 large bags of Halloween candy for $10 and call it a day.
3. Seasonal Items- I actually have a good friend who is a buyer for seasonal items at Dollar Tree, and they have a really good selection. You may still need to purchase a few items at Hobby Lobby, but if you're in the need for some cheap holiday decor, check out Dollar Tree.
4. Packaging Supplies- I just discovered this one and am so glad I did. You can purchase boxes and bubble envelopes from Dollar Tree for half the cost you would spend at the post office.
5. Gift Wrap- Let's face it: Nobody wants to spend $10 on a gift bag and tissue paper after they buy a present. It's just going to get discarded anyway, so buy it on the cheap at Dollar Tree.
6. Toothbrushes & Toothpaste- Colgate and Crest toothpaste for $1? Yes, it's true!
7. Picture Frames for Crafting or Gallery Walls- If you're just going to spray paint the picture frame or use it for crafting, buy it at Dollar Tree.
8. Plastic Storage Bins- If you're looking to organize your pantry or a closet, you can buy these little plastic bins for a fraction of what they would cost at The Container Store.
9. Cleaning Supplies- This is a broad one, but you can buy all-purpose cleaners, glass cleaners, scrubbers, and the like all for $1. Glass cleaner is glass cleaner, so you might as well buy it on the cheap.
10. Paper Towels- If you're like me, paper towels are your most used hoousehold product. We go through rolls by the truckload, but I don't feel too guilty about that since I can get them for $1.
So there you go! Just some money saving tips from one frugal noodle to another. What are your favorite tips to save a few bucks?