Let's talk about a monthly struggle in our marriage: going over our data limit with our cell phones. Seriously, you know you're an adult when these are the issues you face. Am I right, friends?
Parker and I share 2 gigs of data on our current phone plan. It should be more than enough, but there is this little thing called Instagram that I am apparently programmed to need to check every 10 minutes when I am out and about. True story: I blame Instagram every single time we go over on data.
Instagram... and Skype. Skype is how I communicate with my family, but man it uses a lot of data. I try to be conscious and make sure I am in Wi-Fi when I use it, but my "trying" is only marginally effective. We still go over on data every few months.
This is the thing: Parker deploys this year, and when he is able to Skype, I am going to answer it no matter what. Talking to your deployed husband trumps conserving data, but I still hate the idea of constantly worrying about all of the data overages we are knowingly going to incur.
The 10GB of data sold me, and the free movie on VUDU every month is icing on the cake! Deployment is going to be tough, but here are 5 reasons Walmart Family Mobile PLUS is going to help me rock deployment:
1. Sanity Check: If I have to constantly monitor the data I am using and worry about taking Skype calls, I think I might lose my ever loving mind.
2. Chick Flick For One: I get a free, new release movie rental every month. With the husband away, bring on all the girly movies! This will give me something to get excited about, which I think is probably essential when all you want is your man home.
3. Worry-Free Husband: With all the data, he won't have to worry about me going over every month. He is going to have enough on his plate as it is. I don't want him worrying over the data.
4. New Phone: To sweeten the gig, I also purchased a new phone. New phone, new plan. It just makes sense, right? The Samsung Galaxy Core Prime was my purchase of choice, and since I am going to have nothing to do but stare and wait for those Skype calls, at least now I have a shiny new phone to stare at. Bonus: The Samsung Galaxy Core Prime is on Rollback for $79.92 from $99.92!
5. Unlimited Communication: It's simple, really. 10 Gigs of data means unlimited communication with the man I love. Now that's priceless.
I am really thankful we live in the age of modern technology. Deployment is going to be tough, but knowing I will get a few Skype calls now and then is something I definitely do not take for granted!
Disclaimer: All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to http://cbi.as/28aqc or your local Walmart for current pricing.
Your turn! What would you do with 10 gigs of data and a free movie every month?