1. Parker just got a new laptop and is currently obsessed. It's a Razer Blade Stealth, which is apparently supposed to be decent for gaming while still being a sleek laptop. It looks like a regular old laptop to me, but it sure does make him happy!
2. Parker is happy to be back from Key West with his girls! He spent a week there for the Navy, and though it's a beautiful place to be sent, it's always nice to be reunited under one roof.
3. Parker is not too ashamed to say we paid someone to come paint our house this week. In the words of the husband, "How was I supposed to reach those high places?". I get it. The painters have done a fabulous job, and it's so nice to have it done and out of the way! Painting sounds fun in theory until you actually have to do it.
1. I have been craving pho almost weekly since it's been so cold. It's the perfect cold weather meal that doesn't leave me overly full. I am terrible with portion control, so the fact that pho is on the lighter side bodes well for me.
2. I am currently watching (and loving) the show Revenge. It's like Gossip Girl meets Alias and I am hooked! Netflix wins again!
3. I am embracing my new Costco membership. This means I am an adult, right? A giant bag of chocolate covered almonds with sea salt and turbinado sugar for less than $10? Don't mind if I do!
1. Jenny gets a walk every day, something I look forward to in the summer and dread in these winter months. It is just too cold outside for a walk, but she doesn't seem to notice! I try to remind myself when I am freezing my derriere off that this is Jenny's favorite part of the day. Seeing her happy is worth a little cold, although I do wish she would remember that she smelled everything the previous day and it need not be re-smelled.
2. Jenny has a funny way of getting my attention during the day if she wants something. She doesn't whine or bark, which I appreciate. Instead, she walks over next to me and intentionally sits so her back is facing me. She looks out and waits for me to notice her. I guess she thinks that if she stares at me, I will ignore her, so she uses reverse psychology and pretends to ignore me. No idea where that pupper logic came from, but it does eventually work!
3. Jenny has always been a dreamer. I don't mean that in a figurative, "I have a dream to make something of myself" way. I mean literally, she has vivid dreams every time she goes to sleep. She moves her legs and twitches her mouth and occasionally lets out a whimper or bark, completely unconscious the whole time. We are used to it and think it's cute, but if a new friend comes over, sometimes they think she is straight up seizing. No seizures here. Just some heartfelt imaginary squirrel chasing.
So that's three things for each member of this little family! Happy Thursday, friends!