Now that I have completely contradicted this post on chicken parmesan by writing my disdain for chicken, I am here to say that this recipe is one of the few exceptions.
This is the best homemade chicken parm ever.
This will forever be my go-to recipe for chicken parmesan and really just chicken in general. I can't say enough good things about it!
1 lb chicken breasts (mine were thick, so I cut them in half vertically)
3/4 cup Bisquick
2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
2 heaping Tbsp Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup. Spray with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a shallow dish (I used a pie plate), combine Bisquick, Italian Seasoning, and cheese.
3. In a second shallow dish (I just used a bowl for this one), beat your egg.
4. Take each chicken breast and dip first into the Bisquick mix, then into your egg, and one more time into the Bisquick mix. Make sure you are coating all sides each time you dip.
5. Place chicken on lined baking sheet and brush half of your melted butter over the tops of each chicken. Bake 8 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and flip chicken. Brush the remaining butter over the opposite side.
7. Place back in the oven and bake for another 8 minutes, or until your chicken is cooked and juices run clear.
Top with pasta sauce and a little cheese, and enjoy! I served ours with a side of pasta and a sweet potato. Easy peasy!