Today I am excited to share one of my new favorite weeknight dinners: spinach & pesto turkey meatballs. These puppies are really easy to whip up if you're short on time, and they taste like something you would order at a gourmet restaurant. Not only are these meatballs are a huge crowd pleaser, but they are a super healthy way to mix up your dinner rotation.
1 lb extra lean ground turkey
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 cup Panko or Italian breadcrumbs (I ended up doing 1/2 cup of each because I had both on hand)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1 box frozen spinach, thawed with excess water drained out
1/2 cup pesto
2 Tbsp milk
salt and pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
spaghetti sauce for dipping, optional
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, garlic, Panko/breadcrumbs, cheese, spinach, pesto, eggs, milk, and a pinch of salt and pepper. I use my hands to make sure all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
3. Roll into balls the size of a golf ball and place on a lightly greased baking sheet lined with foil.
4. Drizzle EVOO over all of the meatballs.
5. Bake about 20 minutes or until brown and meat is cooked through.
I served this with a side of spaghetti with spaghetti sauce and asparagus. Serve it with a salad to make it even healthier. We loved it!